||The RockStar Award is a new SIGMOBILE Award.
The SIGMOBILE RockStar award recognizes an individual who has made recent
outstanding research or product contributions to the field of mobile computing
during the early part of his or her career.
Prof. Suman Banerjee
In recognition of significant contributions, early in his career, to understanding wireless interference, and for service to the research community.
The SIGMOBILE RockStar Award recognizes one or more recent technical contribution(s) made
in the early part of a mobile computing researcher's career, resulting in notable influence
on our field. Early career for an individual is defined as within 10 years of receiving their
highest university degree, while being younger than 40 years of age at the time of the
Selection is based on the impact of the candidate's work in creating promising new ideas,
paradigms, and tools, related to mobile computing. Depth, impact, and novelty of the
individual's contributions will be key criteria upon which the RockStar Award Committee (RAC)
will evaluate the nominees.
Deadline for Nomination:
15th March for award in that calendar year.
Following an open call for nominations, nominations should be addressed to the Chair of the
RockStar Awards Committee (Prof Edward Knightly - firstname.lastname@example.org). The nominator should solicit recommendations from colleagues in the
field who are most familiar with the nominee's achievements.
Each nomination should consist of the following items:
1. Name, phone number, and email address of the person making
2. Curriculum vitae of the nominee, including name, phone number
and email address.
3. A brief citation, no more than 150 words long.
4. A statement, no more than 500 words long, on why the candidate
deserves the award.
5. Minimum of three and maximum of five supporting letters from
individuals who endorse the nomination. The recommender should identify
the rationale for the nomination and by what means they know of the
nominee's work. Endorsement letters may be sent in the form of emails
and should not be more than 400 words.
1. Edward Knightly (Chair) Email: email@example.com
2. Hari Balakrishnan (Senior Research Community)
3. Anind Dey (Senior Research Community)
4. PR Kumar (Senior Research Community)
**** The following to be replaced by Rockstar Award recipients as they occur:
5. Roy Want (SIGMOBILE EC)
6. Robert Steele (SIGMOBILE EC)
7. Lili Qiu (SIGMOBILE EC)
8. Ramesh Govidan (SIGMOBILE EC)
9. Dave Johnson (SIGMOBILE EC)