SIGMOBILE Test-of-Time Paper Awards 2018
The SIGMOBILE Test-of-Time Paper Award recognizes papers that have had a sustained and significant impact in the SIGMOBILE community over at least a decade. For more information on the award, please see SIGMOBILE Test-of-Time Paper Award.
We invite anyone to submit a nomination by the deadline of February 7th, 2018. The award will be announced on March 31, 2018. It is possible that more than one paper is selected for the award. The criteria for submission of nominations are as follows:
- All papers published at least 10 years ago (2008 or earlier) in a SIGMOBILE venue, including UbiComp, SenSys, MobiCom, MobiHoc, MobiSys, etc., are eligible for this award. Papers published at least 10 years ago in other, non-SIGMOBILE venues are also eligible if they have had an exceptional influence on the SIGMOBILE community.
- Each submission must include a brief nomination letter (no longer than two pages) justifying why the submission should be considered for the test-of-time paper award and explaining how the paper has influenced the SIGMOBILE community. Nominations should describe the impact that the paper has had in terms of influencing the research community's thinking, inspiring follow-on work, influencing academic curriculum, resulting in technology transfer to practice, etc., and not merely call out the paper's citation count.
- Anyone can nominate a paper except the author(s) of the nominated paper.
- An individual can nominate no more than 2 papers for the 2018 award.
- Updated policy: If you had nominated a paper in a previous year, please send a separate email to Committee Chair (Ashutosh Sabharwal at firstname.lastname@example.org) to inform that it is a re-submission, indicating the year(s) of previous nomination(s).
- The committee may, at its discretion, ask a nominator to submit additional letters of support.
- Papers authored by members of the award committee are NOT eligible for consideration in 2018. However, to protect the interests of the committee members and their co-authors, any nominations received for such papers would be automatically deferred to the next year, without prejudice arising on account of the delay.
Presentation of the award(s) will be made at SIGMOBILE sponsored conference venues during 2018. Each individual awardee can choose the conference venue at which to receive their award.
Please submit your nomination here. The process is similar to submitting a paper to a HotCRP-based site, but there are a few important details to keep in mind. Under "title" put the title of the nominated paper, and also provide a PDF of the nominated paper, the venue where it was published, and a few topic keywords that apply to the paper (e.g., operating systems, ad hoc communications, applications, HCI, etc.) at the places noted in the submission form. Under "authors" put your information as the person nominating the paper. Under "submission", upload your nomination letter (PDF only, no more than two pages). Note that the deadline for submitting nominations is 7 Feb 2018 11:59:59 pm AoE (UTC-12).