This year, SIGMOBILE will hold elections for new officers -- for
Chair, Vice Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary.
The term of the elected officers will run from
1 July 2005 to 30 June 2007.
The following candidates will appear on the ballot:
Biographical information and a statement from each candidate
are available from the links for each name above.
Here are the logistics for the upcoming SIGMOBILE elections:
This process is designed to make elections run smoothly and fairly.
We hope you will participate in this important process and
vote for the candidate you think is best suited for each job.
- Most important -- to vote -- you
must be member of SIGMOBILE.
If your membership is expiring, please renew it.
If you are not a member of SIGMOBILE, and
you care about SIGMOBILE, become a member.
Full details on SIGMOBILE membership and a pointer to an
on-line membership application form
are available on the
SIGMOBILE membership web page.
- The 2005 elections will be conducted electronically by the
Election Services Corporation (ESC).
- Postcards with election information will be mailed to all
SIGMOBILE members on 1 April.
These postcards will contain a pointer to the electronic voting site
as well as to the biographical information of
- In addition, we will send out an email that contains the
voting validation numbers (i.e., the member's unique PIN #)
and a hyperlink to the voting site.
The Internet voting site will go live on
the same day as the email message and postcards are sent.
- Paper ballots will be issued upon request only.
- All ballots are due on or before 15 June 2005.
- All winners will take office on 1 July 2005.