Get Involved in SIGMOBILE
SIGMOBILE is a vibrant, growing Special Interest Group within the ACM, addressing all areas of mobile computing and wireless and mobile networking. SIGMOBILE provides substantial benefits to its members and to the community.
Member Benefits Provided to SIGMOBILE Members:
- The quarterly journal and newsletter, now called "GetMobile", serving both as a newsletter keeping SIGMOBILE members informed, and as a scientific journal publishing high-quality peer-reviewed research papers on mobile computing and wireless and mobile networking to be available in electronic form.
- A periodic e-mail SIGMOBILE newsletter, including SIGMOBILE announcements, pointers to relevant mainstream news articles of interest to SIGMOBILE members, a calendar of upcoming events of interest to our members, and pointers to developer news for active developers in the area of mobile computing and wireless networking.
- Announcements via the moderated, members-only email distribution list, keeping you informed of the latest happenings in our field, such as conference Calls for Papers.
- Qualify for the lowest registration rates at conferences and workshops sponsored by SIGMOBILE, and for the many events that are "in cooperation" with SIGMOBILE. SIGMOBILE sponsors five conferences each year (MobiCom, MobiHoc, MobiSys, SenSys, and Ubicomp).
- Opportunities to share ideas, learn of new results and practices, network with colleagues, and be active in a vibrant community of colleagues in all areas of mobility of systems, users, data, and computing.
- Through the Member Value Plus program, automatically receive access to full conference proceedings of SIGMOBILE's five conferences.
SIGMOBILE Community Benefits:
- Organization and sponsorship of five annual conferences (MobiCom, MobiHoc, MobiSys, SenSys, and Ubicomp).
- Promotion of emerging new areas through sponsorship of numerous workshops each year.
- An ACM Mobility Tech Pack edited by the SIGMOBILE officers, providing an annotated reading list of the definitive mobile research papers to date; thus enabling somebody new to the field to rapidly come up to speed.
- The SIGMOBILE Outstanding Contribution Award, given to recognize an individual who has made a significant and lasting contribution to the research on mobile computing and communications and wireless networking.
- The SIGMOBILE Distinguished Service Award, given to recognize an individual who has made exceptional contributions to ACM SIGMOBILE, its conferences, publications, or its local activities.
- The SIGMOBILE Test of Time Award, given to published papers that have had a sustained and significant impact in the SIGMOBILE community over at least a decade.
- Best paper awards are given at all five of our sponsored conferences and presented each year.
- Support for students at SIGMOBILE conferences and workshops, through reduced registration fees, student travel awards for some conferences (with NSF support), and student poster sessions.
- The SIGMOBILE web site, including a wealth of information for the community such as complete information on SIGMOBILE conferences and workshops, a Ph.D. thesis collection, paper formatting instructions for authors, reviewer guidelines, and a feedback questionnaire.
- SIGMOBILE also provides financial support for mobile networking community programs such as CRAWDAD (Community Resource for Archiving Wireless Data At Dartmouth) and N2 Women (Networking Networking Women).
Join ACM SIGMOBILE Today: Online Application
Membership in SIGMOBILE is very affordable. Current membership fees are only $25/year for those who are already ACM members and $30/year for non-ACM members. Student membership in SIGMOBILE is only $20/year.