Grants are available only for full-time students attending
US colleges and universities (not necessarily US citizens or
permanent residents). Minority and women students from diverse
institutions are particularly encouraged to apply. To apply and
compete for a travel grant, the student applicant should prepare
- An application letter which should include the title of
his/her accepted MobiCom work (conference/workshop paper, poster
or demo, finalist mobile app contest entry). The letter should
- A brief summary of the student research interests and accomplishments to date
- A description of areas reflected in the MobiCom program that would impact the student's research
- A statement about why the conference attendance is important to the student
- The student vita
- An estimate of the following costs of attending MobiCom
2013: airfare, hotel, and conference registration. It is
anticipated that travel grants will partially cover these costs
Student applicants should create a single PDF file containing
items 1-3 of the application package (the student's letter, the
student's vita, and an estimate of cost). Student applicants
should send this file via email to Prof. Maria Papadopouli (mgpics.forth.gr)
with subject title "MobiCom 2013, Student Travel Grant
A recommendation letter from the advisor of the student
applicant is also required. The letter should provide the
- A confirmation that the student is a bona fide Ph.D. candidate or a M.Sc./B.Sc. student in good academic standing at the given institution.
- An indication about how the student applicant would benefit from attending MobiCom.
- A description of the student applicant's strengths and potential contributions to the mobile computing and networking field.
- A statement of financial commitment to pay the remainder of the student applicants' travel cost not covered by the grant.
The advisor's recommendation letter should be sent by the advisor
directly via email to Prof. Maria Papadopouli (mgpics.forth.gr)
with subject title "MobiCom 2013, Recommendation Letter for
Student Travel Grant".