Paper Submission InstructionsSubmitted papers must be unpublished and must not be currently under review for any other publication. Authors of accepted papers will need to sign an ACM copyright release form and present their paper at the conference. The Proceedings of the conference will be published by ACM Press and distributed at the conference; copies of the Proceedings will also be available for sale after the conference. For more information about MobiCom 2003, please see the MobiCom 2003 Home Page.
Before submitting your paper, please check the description of the conference scope in the Call for Papers. MobiCom covers all issues in mobile computing and networking at the link layer and above. If you are unsure whether your work falls within the scope of the conference, please contact the Program Co-Chairs at email@example.com.
All papers being submitted to MobiCom 2003 must be registered in EDAS by 11:59 PM PST (US Pacific timezone) March 5, 2003. The deadline for actually then submitting all registered papers is 11:59 PM PST (US Pacific timezone) March 12, 2003. These are firm deadlines.
|Formatting your Paper for Submission|
Please be sure your paper is formatted properly for submission. In particular, please note the following format requirements:
- Your submission must be in either PDF
or PostScript format.
We cannot handle other strange formats such as Microsoft Word.
Whatever text processor or formatter you use to write your paper
(LaTeX, Microsoft Word, FrameMaker, etc.),
please convert the output to PDF or PostScript before submission.
for example, PDF files can be produced using the Adobe Acrobat product,
and PostScript files can be produced using any Windows
PostScript printer driver and checking the
"Print to file"
box in the "Print" window.
- Your submission must be correctly formatted to fit on
U.S. "Letter" size paper,
which is 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches tall.
Please be sure you have a reasonable margin
(such as 1 inch) on all edges (top, bottom, left, and right)
of each page.
Under Windows, for example, in the "Page Setup" window, please select "Letter" (e.g., not "A4") for the paper size, and please set your margins appropriately for this paper size; also select "Letter" for paper size in the printer options (click on "Properties" from the "Print" window).
Under Unix, if you are using "dvips" to produce PostScript, please be sure the paper size is set correctly (specify "-t letter" to force the paper size).
- Paper submissions for regular papers
must be limited to 15 pages;
for submissions of Challenges papers,
the limit is 8 pages.
Either single-column or double-column format is fine for submissions.
- The font size used in the text of your submission
must not be smaller than 10 points.
- As described in the Call for Papers,
all papers will be judged through double-blind reviewing,
where the identities of the authors are withheld from the reviewers.
Please be sure your name does not appear on the paper or in the
submitted PDF or PostScript file.
This means that before submission,
you must remove from the paper the authors' names,
authors' affiliations, acknowledgements of funding sources, etc.
Also, be careful how you refer to your own prior work in the paper.
For example, do not describe your prior work with phrases like:
In prior work, we presented a routing protocol that ...Instead, refer to your work in the third person, such as
In prior work, Smith presented a routing protocol that ...
- We must be able to print your paper once it is submitted.
Due to the large variety of systems available for formatting papers and
producing PDF or PostScript,
this is not always possible for some systems.
To maximize the chances that your paper will print correctly,
please use only standard printer fonts
(e.g., Times Roman, Helvetica, etc.)
or standard TeX Computer Modern fonts;
other fonts may be used but must be included in the PDF or PostScript file.
The use of standard printer fonts is strongly preferred over TeX fonts,
- The paper must be able to print clearly on standard black-and-white printers. Reviewers are not required to view your paper in color, and the final version of all accepted papers will be published in only black-and-white in the conference Proceedings.
|Actually Submitting your Paper|
All papers for MobiCom 2003 must be submitted electronically through the EDAS Conference Management System. Clicking on the link below should open the MobiCom 2003 EDAS web page in a new window in your web browser:
Logging in to EDAS
- Using EDAS requires logging in first.
If you already have an account,
enter your email address (or your numeric EDAS ID#)
and password in the fields on the form on the EDAS home page.
This EDAS system has already been loaded with all accounts from
MobiCom 2002 last year.
On the EDAS login page,
click on the
button there to log in to EDAS.
- If you do not know whether you have an account on this EDAS system,
try entering your email address or name.
EDAS will check for your account and let you know whether it
knows about you.
- If you have an account but have forgotten your password,
leave the password field blank,
and EDAS will mail your password to you.
- If you do not yet have an account on the MobiCom 2003 EDAS system, click on the link there to "create your new user account." Fill in the resulting form and the click on the button there. Mandatory fields are listed in red; optional fields are listed in black. The password for accessing the EDAS system will be sent to you via email. Once you receiver your password, you should return to EDAS and log in.
Submitting your Paper
- After logging in to EDAS,
you will see your overall EDAS system homepage.
Click on the name of the conference
"9th International Conference on Mobile Computing
and Networking (MobiCom 2003)" to
access your EDAS homepage for MobiCom 2003.
To begin the process of submitting your paper,
click on the
button on your MobiCom 2003 EDAS homepage.
- You should then see the web form for registering your
Fill in the form:
- Enter the authors of the paper.
Enter each author using either their EDAS identifier or
their last name.
Each author must be registered in EDAS;
if an author is not yet registered in EDAS,
you will be prompted for the information to register them.
You must also select one of the authors to be the
- Enter the title and abstract of the paper.
- Select the topics from the list of paper topics that best classify your paper. You must select at least one topic.
- Enter the authors of the paper. Enter each author using either their EDAS identifier or their last name. Each author must be registered in EDAS; if an author is not yet registered in EDAS, you will be prompted for the information to register them. You must also select one of the authors to be the correspondence author.
- Once you have filled in all information for your paper, click on the button at the bottom of that page. This will show you a page that acknowledges your paper's registration.
Uploading your Paper
- After registering your paper submission,
you must upload your actual paper.
All submissions must be in either PDF and PostScript format;
no other formats can be submitted.
- To upload your paper right after registering your submission,
just click on the "upload" link on the bottom of the
registration acknowledgement page.
Alternatively, from the acknowledgement page,
you can click on the
icon in the upper left corner,
to go back to your MobiCom 2003 EDAS homepage.
From there, you can upload your paper by clicking on the
icon there in the line that shows your paper's listing.
- Once you are at the paper upload page,
you can enter the name of the file on your local disk
that contains the PDF or PostScript paper you want to upload.
More conveniently, you can click on the
button there find and select the name of the file on
your local disk to upload.
- Once you have entered the file name of your paper in the
box on the upload page,
click on the
button there to actually upload your paper.
- After you return to your MobiCom 2003 EDAS homepage,
you will see your uploaded paper.
If you click on the paper number, you will see the paper details.
If you click on the paper under "Manuscript",
you will see the PostScript or PDF
version that you uploaded.
- From your MobiCom 2003 EDAS homepage, you can see the status of your paper. Initially, before you have uploaded your paper, EDAS will show the status as to show that no version of your paper PostScript or PDF file has been uploaded yet. After your paper has been uploaded, the status will change to to indicate that the paper is under review.
|Revising your Paper or Account|
- After you have submitted your paper,
you can revise your submission at any time
before the submission deadline of
23:59 PM PST, March 12, 2003.
- To revise your submission,
go to your MobiCom 2003 EDAS homepage.
Click on the
icon there in the line that shows your paper's listing.
This will take you back to the same page used when you initially
submitted and uploaded your paper.
Just upload a new PostScript or PDF version the same way
you did already for the previous version.
- To revise your paper, please use the procedure here to upload
the new revised version of your existing registered paper.
Please do not instead register and submit the new version
as if it were a separate new paper,
since this will duplicate the paper registration records.
- You can also revise your own EDAS account information from your MobiCom 2003 EDAS homepage. To do so, click on the link at the top to edit your profile.
For general information on the MobiCom 2003 paper submission or the scope of technical papers solicited, please refer to the Call for Papers. For any other questions about the submission process or paper format, please contact the Program Co-Chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any problems with EDAS, please contact email@example.com.
Thank you for submitting your paper to MobiCom 2003!