Need directions? Looking for things to do near the conference?
Check out the conference map: http://tinyurl.com/mobicom
MobiCom 2010 will be held September 20-24, 2010, in Chicago,
Illinois, USA. Workshops will be held on Monday, September 20 and
Friday, September 24.
MobiCom 2010 will be held at the
Drake Hotel, located at
the north end of North Michigan Avenue (also called the Magnificent
Mile) in Chicago, Illinois.
The conference rate will be $199 for single occupancy and $219 for
double occupancy, per night, and is available from September 18-24,
2010. You can obtain the conference rate on the web or by calling the
hotel directly at (312) 932-4308 and providing the MobiCom/MobiHoc
group code MOB. Reservations must be made by August 21, 2010 to
receive the special rate.
All registered users who need a VISA letter should send their requests to
email@example.com. Please include the conference name and
your registration ID in the email.
|| MobiCom Student Travel Grants
This year, as in years past, the Conference Organizing Committee is working hard to provide as much travel support to as many conference attendees as possible. Travel support is expected from many different supporting organizations.
Applicants may apply for the following types of awards:
- Euro-NF funding is available for students studying in
Euro-NF partner institutions. To qualify, a student must
be a member of the Euro-NF team in a participating university and/or
research center at the time of application.
- NSF is expected to continue the tradition of sponsoring a number of US-
based graduate students.
- Funding is expected to support a number of attendees of the
N2Women Workshop, which will be
co-located with the conference.
Please consider the following important information before applying:
- The application process is the same for all types of attendees and all sources of funding and is described in the rest of this page.
- The exact number and amount of awards will depend on the availability of funds and will be determined as funding amounts are finalized.
- NSF funds may be used for travel-related expenses only (airfare, hotel,
meals, etc.) and cannot be used for registration fees. Registration
fees must be paid by the student or the student's advisor in order to allow
us to support the maximum number of students possible.
|Submission deadline for all programs:
||July 15, 2010
||July 31, 2010
Where and How to Apply
A travel grant application must include the following:
- The applicant's resume.
- A short letter describing the applicant's research accomplishments, and how attendance at ACM MobiCom/MobiHoc 2010 will be beneficial. The letter must answer the following questions:
- Do you have an accepted/submitted paper, poster, or demo in MobiCom/
MobiHoc 2010 or one of its workshops?
- Are you a member of a Euro-NF team in a participating institution?
- Do you plan to attend the N2Women Workshop?
- A supporting letter from the applicant's advisor, stating that the
student is in good academic standing (in the PhD program), how he/she may
benefit from attending the conference and/or associated workshops, and
whether the advisor is able to offer any cost sharing to help cover the
travel expense. (We strongly encourage cost sharing as it allows us to award
more travel scholarships to deserving applications.)
Applicants should email items 1 (CV) and 2 (application letter) above as a
single PDF attachment. The advisor should email item 3 (supporting letter)
with subject line: "MobiCom/MobiHoc 2010 STG letter for <student
name>". The application and supporting letter should be emailed to:
Questions and email communication should be addressed to the Travel Grants Co-Chairs:
Yingying Chen (yingying.chen
Sami Rollins (srollins