SIGMOBILE is a vibrant, growing Special Interest Group within the ACM,
addressing all areas of mobile computing and wireless and mobile networking.
SIGMOBILE provides substantial benefits to its members and to the community.
Member Benefits Provided to SIGMOBILE Members:
- The quarterly journal and newsletter, now called
serving both as a newsletter keeping
SIGMOBILE members informed, and as a scientific journal publishing
high-quality peer-reviewed research papers on mobile computing and
wireless and mobile networking to be available in electronic form.
- A periodic e-mail SIGMOBILE newsletter, including SIGMOBILE
announcements, pointers to relevant mainstream news articles of
interest to SIGMOBILE members, a calendar of upcoming events of
interest to our members, and pointers to developer news for active
developers in the area of mobile computing and wireless networking.
- Announcements via the moderated, members-only email distribution
list, keeping you informed of the latest happenings in our field, such
as conference Calls for Papers.
- Qualify for the lowest registration rates at conferences and
workshops sponsored by SIGMOBILE, and for the many events that are
"in cooperation" with SIGMOBILE.
SIGMOBILE sponsors five conferences each
year (MobiCom, MobiHoc, MobiSys, SenSys, and Ubicomp).
- Opportunities to share ideas, learn of new results and practices,
network with colleagues, and be active in a vibrant community of
colleagues in all areas of mobility of systems, users, data, and
- Through the Member Value Plus program, automatically receive access
to full conference proceedings of SIGMOBILE's five conferences.
SIGMOBILE Community Benefits:
Membership in SIGMOBILE is very affordable.
Current membership fees are only $25/year for those who are already
ACM members and $30/year for non-ACM members.
Student membership in SIGMOBILE is only $20/year.
- Organization and sponsorship of five annual conferences
(MobiCom, MobiHoc, MobiSys, SenSys, and Ubicomp).
- Promotion of emerging new areas through sponsorship of numerous
workshops each year.
- An ACM Mobility Tech Pack
edited by the SIGMOBILE officers, providing an
annotated reading list of the definitive mobile research papers to
date; thus enabling somebody new to the field to rapidly come up to
- The SIGMOBILE
Contribution Award, given to recognize
an individual who has made a significant and lasting contribution to
the research on mobile computing and communications and wireless
- The SIGMOBILE Distinguished
given to recognize an
individual who has made exceptional contributions to ACM SIGMOBILE,
its conferences, publications, or its local activities.
- The SIGMOBILE Test of Time Award, given to published papers that have had a sustained and significant impact in the SIGMOBILE community over at least a decade.
- Best paper awards are given at all five of our sponsored
conferences and presented each year.
- Support for students at SIGMOBILE conferences and workshops,
through reduced registration fees, student travel awards for some
conferences (with NSF support), and student poster sessions.
- The SIGMOBILE web site,
including a wealth of information for the
community such as complete information on SIGMOBILE conferences and
workshops, a Ph.D. thesis collection, paper formatting instructions
for authors, reviewer guidelines, and a feedback questionnaire.
- SIGMOBILE also provides financial support for mobile networking
community programs such as CRAWDAD
(Community Resource for Archiving Wireless Data At Dartmouth)
and N2 Women (Networking Networking Women).