Hotel and Travel
MobiCom 2011 will be held September 20-22, 2011,
in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Workshops will be held
on Monday, September 19 and Friday, September 23.
Friday, September 24.
MobiCom 2011 will be held at the
The Mirage Resort and Casino in
The Mirage is located in the middle of the Strip,
between Caesar's Palace and Treasure Island.
MobiCom has a room block with The Mirage
with special rates good for check-in on or after
Saturday, September 17th,
and check-out on or before Saturday, September 24th.
You must reserve your rooms by August 18, 2011
in order to take advantage of the special rate.
Our negotiated rate is $129 per night Sunday-Thursday
and $159 per night on Friday and Saturday nights.
Additional rooms have been made available at the Mirage.
These rooms can be reserved until August 20, 2011.
However, the rate for Monday night will be $219.
Also, Mirage's systems may not indicate the availability
of these rooms until August 18th,
so if no rooms are available,
please try your reservation again on Thursday.
This rate includes double occupancy;
up to four guests may stay per room at an extra charge of $30 per guest.
The rate does not include a daily resort fee
at a discounted rate of $10 plus the current Clark County room tax of 12%.
To book your room:
- You may book by phone (800) 499-6311 or (702) 791-7444 and mention Association for Computing Machinery/MobiCom
- You may book by FAX them at (702) 791-7495.
- If your stay is entirely between September 18—23rd,
you may visit their website.
Please note that you can use this website to make room reservations only if
your stay is between September 18 and September 23.
If your stay extends beyond these
dates, please call the telephone numbers listed above and identify your
affiliation with ACM/MobiCom.
View Larger Map
All registered users who need a visa letter should send their requests to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the conference name and
your registration ID in the email.
The MobiCom 2011 Conference Organizing Committee will provide travel support
to as many conference attendees as possible.
Please consider the following important information before applying:
- The application process is the same for all attendees.
- Priority will be given to under-represented and minority students.
- The exact number and amount of awards will depend on the availability of funds and will be determined as funding amounts are finalized.
- NSF funds may be used for travel-related expenses only.
- Euro-NF funding is also available for students who are members of the Euro-NF team in a participating university and/or research center at the time of application. Applicants for this fund must indicate (CLEARLY in their CV; e.g., right after their names) whether they are members of the Euro-NF team.
||July 20, 2011
||July 31, 2011
Where and How to Apply
A travel grant application must include the following:
- The applicant's CV (no more than 2 pages).
- A short letter describing the applicant's research accomplishments, and how attendance at ACM MobiCom 2011 will be beneficial. You must indicate whether you have an accepted/submitted paper, poster, or demo in MobiCom 2011 or one of its workshops (no more than 1 page)
- A supporting letter from the applicant's advisor, stating that the student is in good academic standing (in the PhD program), how he/she may benefit from attending the conference and/or associated workshops, and whether the advisor is able to offer any cost sharing to help cover the travel expense. (We strongly encourage cost sharing as it allows us to award more travel scholarships to deserving applications.)
Applicants should email items 1 (CV) and 2 (application letter) above as a single PDF attachment. The advisor should email item 3 (supporting letter as PDF) with subject line: "MobiCom 2011: STG supporting letter for <student name>. The application and supporting letter should be emailed to: email@example.com.
Questions and email communication should be addressed to the Travel Grants Chair Bechir Hamdaoui.
Copyright © 2010, ACM Annual
International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking