Restaurants in Montreal
Citizens of Western European countries and the US usually do not require a visa to enter Canada. Citizens of most other countries do. A list of countries whose citizens require a visa to enter Canada can be found here and information about obtaining a visa can be found here.
Pierre-Elliott Trudeau Airport (Dorval/Montreal-Trudeau): Located on the western part of the island of Montreal and 15km from Downtown Montreal, it services various airlines and is used for both international and north American flights. You can visit the Aeroports de Montreal website to get a list of those airlines or for more information on Dorval airport. Fares from the airport to Downtown Montreal:
- Bus/Shuttles: 13.00 -- 22.75 $CDN from the airport to downtown (airport bus terminal).
- Taxis: The ride from Dorval to Downtown Montreal is a fixed rate of 31 $CDN.
Hilton Montreal Bonaventure
Hotel Map: 900 de La Gauchetiere West Montreal (QC) H5A 1E4 Canada
Holiday Inn Montreal Midtown
Hotel Map: 420 Sherbrooke W, Hwy 2, Montreal (QC) H3A 1B4 Canada
Entertainment and local information
VISA Support Letters
The Association for Computing Machinery does not issue formal invitation letters for visas. We can however issue a visa support letter. For visa support letters, please send all requests to Ashley Cozzi at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
1. Name and mailing address as it appears on your passport
2. The name of the conference you wish to attend
3. Registration confirmation number
4. If you are the author of any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title
5. Fax number
6. *Visa Support letters are not issued via email
Association for Computing Machinery, SIG Services
2 Penn Plaza Suite 701
New York, NY 10121