Visa Application

Visas are required for some nationalities to travel to China for the conference. Please contact your travel agent and/or the Chinese Consulate/Embassy in your country for the latest information on the Chinese visa issue as soon as possible. Visa processing time may vary. You are advised to make visa application at your earliest convenience if it is needed.

Some useful websites are listed as follows:

What Visa do you need?

Chinese visa is a permit issued to a foreigner by the Chinese visa authorities for entry into, exit from or transit through the Chinese territory. The Chinese visa authorities may issue a diplomatic, courtesy, service or ordinary visa to a foreigner according to his identity, purpose of visit to China and passport type. Your case falls into the ordinary visas which consist of eight sub-categories, marked with Chinese phonetic letters, D, Z, X, F, L, G, C, J-1 and J-2 respectively.

Visa F: Issued to an applicant who is invited to China on a visit, on a study or lecture, business tour, for scientific-technological and cultural exchanges, for short-term refresher course or for job-training, for a period of no more than six months. To apply for a Visa F, the invitation letter from the inviting unit or the visa notification letter/telegram from the authorized unit is required.

Visa L: Issued to aliens who come to China for sightseeing, visiting relatives or other private purposes. For a tourist applicant, in principle he shall evidence his financial capability of covering the travelling expenses in China, and when necessary, provide the air, train or ship tickets to the heading country/region after leaving China. For the applicants who come to China to visit relatives, some are required to provide invitation letters from their relatives in China.

Do you need invitation letter?

If you need an invitation letter from the ACM MobiHoc 2015 organizer, please complete the request form and email it to Dr. Endong Liu at, by May 22, 2015.

How do you apply for visa?

Make your application at an overseas Chinese visa authority. It could be Chinese embassies, consulates, visa offices, the consular department of the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in HKSAR, and other agencies abroad authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China.

You need to:

  • 1) fill out a visa application form
  • 2) provide valid passport of more than six months validity with a blank visa page or a travel document in lieu of the passport
  • 3) provide a recent 2-inch, bareheaded and full-faced passport photo
  • 4) provide any other support document which may be required
  • 5) pay the visa fee

What is your address in Hangzhou?

You may need to provide such an address for your visa application and/or at immigration control. The address is the ACM MobiHoc 2015 venue:

Jinxi Hotel

No.39 Causeway yang, Hangzhou, China

If you need a contact person, please use Dr. Endong Liu, Tel: (86) 18053000089.