Call for Workshops
ACM MobiHoc 2020 will be held in Shanghai, China from June 30 to July 3, 2020. In addition to the main program, the conference will feature a set of workshops.
The goal of the workshops is to gather recent research on focused topics of interest and to provide a forum for authors to present early results on these topics. We seek workshops capable of putting together a high-quality program from contributed and/or invited papers presenting novel ideas in the less formal settings that are typical of workshop meetings. In this edition we intend to emphasize emerging topics in networking; including artificial intelligence and machine learning as related to networked systems, support for millimeter wave in MAC layer and higher, cybersecurity, and emerging mobile applications such as augmented and virtual reality. We invite proposals from both individuals and teams interested in organizing strong workshops.
Workshop proposals, in plain text or PDF, should provide the following information:
- Title, scope, and topics of the workshop.
- Names, addresses, and affiliation of workshop organizers.
- Tentative committee lists (organizers, steering committee if any, etc.).
- Workshop planned format (papers, demos, panels, etc.). Please indicate if you would prefer the workshop to be a full-day or half-day workshop. If accepted, the workshop length may be changed later depending on the number of paper submissions received.
- Past history of the workshop (if and where held, number of papers submitted and accepted, number of participants).
- Rationale: Why is the topic current and important? Why would the workshop attract a significant number of submissions of good quality and a large number of attendees?
- A comparison to recent (within the past 2 years) workshops on related topics at previous editions of MobiHoc or other conferences such as INFOCOM, ICNP, MOBICOM, SIGMETRICS, etc. Please indicate how you plan to differentiate this workshop from those held at these other venues.
- A draft call for papers with tentative dates, if available. Please note that the dates for paper submission, notification, and camera-ready version may need to be changed to fit the conference publication schedule.
Please submit workshop proposals to the co-chairs by email (I-Hong Hou: email@example.com; Bo Ji: firstname.lastname@example.org; and Carlee Joe-Wong: email@example.com), specifying [MobiHoc’20 Workshop Proposal Submission: “workshop name”] in the subject line.
RELEVANT DATES for workshops are:
- Workshop Proposals due:
January 10, 2020 January 20, 2020
- Notification of Workshop Proposal acceptance:
January 17, 2020 January 27, 2020
- Workshop paper submission deadline (suggested): April 10, 2020
- Workshop paper camera-ready deadline (hard deadline): May 15, 2020
Submit Workshop Proposal