The 21st Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing
and Networking (MobiCom 2015) is pleased to announce travel grants
for students to attend the conference and its co-located workshops
to be held in Paris, France, September 7 - 11, 2015. Funds for these
travel grants are provided by Industry Sponsors and by NSF.
Grants are available only for full-time students attending colleges and universities in and outside of the US. Women, undergraduates and underrepresented minority students are particularly encouraged to apply.
To apply for a travel grant, the student applicant should create an account on the grant submission system and upload the following:
- The student's CV including country of origin and country of residence
- An application letter which should include:
- The title of his/her accepted MobiCom work (conference/workshop paper, poster or demo, finalist mobile app contest entry) - if the student is an author
- A brief summary of the student research interests and accomplishments to date
- A description of areas reflected in the MobiCom program that would impact the student's research
- A statement about why the conference attendance is important to the student
- An estimate of the following costs of attending MobiCom 2015: airfare, hotel, and conference registration. It is anticipated that travel grants will partially cover these attendance costs.
A recommendation letter from the advisor of the student applicant is also required. The letter should provide the following:
A confirmation that the student is a bona fide Ph.D. candidate or a M.Sc./B.Sc. student in good academic standing at the given institution.
An indication about how the student applicant would benefit from attending MobiCom.
A description of the student applicant's strengths and potential contributions to the mobile computing and networking field.
A statement of financial commitment to pay the remainder of the student applicants' travel cost not covered by the grant.
The advisor's letter should be uploaded directly into the applicant's account. We suggest that the applicant provide their login information to the advisor to do so. The submission site has been designed to keep advisor letters "write-only", i.e., the applicant will not be able to view the uploaded letter in their account.
Selection will be based on student merit qualifications (eg, paper authorship) and financial need (eg, travel distance/cost from home Campus, availability of grant funds, etc). In case of equivalent qualifications, priority will be given to women, undergraduates and underrepresented minorities.
|Travel Grant Application Submission Deadline:
||July 27th, 2015 (23:59 EDT)
|Travel Grant Award Notification:
||August 3rd, 2015
|Deadline to Accept/Decline Travel Grant Award:
||August 6th, 2015 (23:59 EDT)
|| Grant Requirements/Restrictions
- The full application package (by the student and the advisor) should be received on or before 23:59 EDT, July 27, 2015.
- Student travel grants are meant to partially cover the cost of attending and participating in MobiCom 2015. The only travel expenses that can be reimbursed are accommodation, advance conference registration, and airfare.
- For NSF Grants: These grants are available only for full-time students attending US colleges and universities (not necessarily US citizens or permanent residents) AND for US citizens or permanent residents studying abroad
- Recipients of NSF travel awards must use US flag carriers.
- The above grants are in addition to N2Women grants advertised on the MobiCom 2015 webpage.
To apply for this Travel Grant , please goto:B. N2Women Travel Grants
Application Deadline: 23:59 EDT, July 30, 2015
The 21st Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking
(MobiCom 2015) is pleased to announce travel grants for students to attend the
conference and its co-located workshops to be held in Paris, France, Sept. 7 - 11, 2015.
Funds for these travel grants are provided by a generous award from the N2Women.
N2Women is pleased to announce the continuation of our N2 Women Young Researcher
Fellowship awards for Mobicom 2015. N2Women considers you a young researcher if
you are currently a student, working as a post-doc, or in the 1st or 2nd year of your new
research career. These awards will partially cover a young researcher's travel cost (up to
$500) to a meeting where an N2 Women event will be held.
In exchange, the young researcher must help organize the N2 Women meeting. The
benefit of doing the organization, in addition to the travel funds, is for the young
researcher to connect with the organizers of the conference who are, typically, leaders in
the research field. We will arrange for a faculty or research member of N2 Women to
assist/mentor the young researcher in this task.
Support for these N2 Women Young Researcher Fellowship awards has been generously
provided by Microsoft Research, IEEE CS TCCC, HP Labs and by Google. SIGMOBILE
is also supporting these N2 Women Young Researcher Fellowship awards by covering all
the costs associated with the processing of the funds.
To apply for this fellowship or for more information, please see:
and click the Fellowships link.
©2015, ACM Annual International Conference
on Mobile Computing and Networking