|Download pdf version from here.
ACM MobiCom 2018 solicits submissions for Posters Program that feature early research work and preliminary results. The MobiCom 2018 Poster Session will provide an excellent opportunity for initial feedback on your early research results and give your ongoing projects early visibility. The presenters are strongly encouraged to include their poster submission in the ACM MobiCom Student Research Competition.
To ensure maximum visibility and to garner high interest in the Poster Session from all MobiCom attendees, each accepted poster will have the opportunity to deliver a fast elevator pitch. Each poster presenter will get one-minute to overview and stir interest in her/his poster (3 slides presented in PechaKucha mode - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PechaKucha).
The presenters can also link their project webpage and other details, such as URL to a short video presentation, to the MobiCom Posters & Student Research Competition (SRC) program page.
Posters are solicited in all areas of mobile computing and wireless networking. Particular areas of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Architectures, algorithms, and protocols for 5G mobile networks
- Communications, computing and storage solutions in machine-to-machine and device-to-device networks
- Internet of Things (IoT) and Cyber Physical Systems (CPS)
- Smart and Wearable computing devices
- Software defined networking
- Mobile edge computing and cloud computing for mobile services
- Architectures, protocols, and algorithms to cope with mobility, limited bandwidth, limited power and/or intermittent connectivity
- Solutions for networking and mobile services in emergency situations
- Coexistence and synergic exploitation of heterogeneous wireless networks
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of mobile systems and applications
- Experimental large-scale testbeds for mobile networks
- Fundamental understanding of mobile computing and wireless networking
- Integration and interworking of wired-wireless networks
- Mobile data analytics
- Modeling, simulation/emulation, and measurement of mobile systems
- Operating system and middleware support for mobile applications, systems, and networking
- Performance evaluation of mobile networks, protocols, and systems
- Security, privacy, and trustworthiness of mobile systems
Suggested poster size is 3x3 ft, or 3x4ft in portrait orientation. By no means should it exceed 4x6ft in portrait orientation.
The posters should be submitted TBA
. The submission should be formatted as a paper or extended abstract describing the research to be presented in the poster and should be submitted as a PDF file of at most 3 pages, including all figures and references. Paper text blocks must follow ACM guidelines: double-column US letter size of 8.5 x 11 inches with fonts no smaller than 10 point size. The extended abstract must include the authors' names, affiliations, and email addresses. Any submission should include the following:
- Whether you would like the submission to be considered for the Student Research Competition, by adding "[SRC]" in the subject line
- If you would like your submission to be considered for the SRC, there is the additional need to indicate whether any of the student authors is an undergraduate student. Note that if any of the authors is a graduate student, then the submission will be considered under the graduate category
All poster submissions will be reviewed by the Posters committee. If your submission is selected for the Posters Session, you will receive information regarding the size of the poster board, etc., so that you can prepare and produce your poster. Easels and white boards will be provided by the Conference. Once your poster is accepted, we will include the abstract of your poster on the conference website and publish it in the main proceedings and the ACM digital library.
For further questions, please contact the Poster co-chairs: