Paper Submission Instructions
Submitted papers must be unpublished and must not be currently under review for any other publication. Authors of accepted papers will need to sign an ACM copyright release form and present their paper at the conference. Accepted papers will be published in the symposium proceedings and distributed at the conference; copies of the Proceedings will also be available for sale after the conference. For more information about MobiHoc 2006, please see the MobiHoc 2006 Home Page (http://www.sigmobile.org/mobihoc/2006). Before submitting your paper, please check the description of the conference scope in the Call for Papers.
All papers being submitted to MobiHoc 2006 must be registered in EDAS by 5:00 PM EST (US Eastern timezone) December 2, 2005. The deadline for actually submitting all registered papers is 5:00 PM EST (US Eastern timezone) December 9, 2005. These are firm deadlines. (Note: You cannot submit a paper by the December 9th, 2005 deadline if you have not registered your paper by the December 2nd, 2005 registration deadline!)
Formatting your Paper for Submission
Please be sure your paper is formatted properly for submission. In particular, please note the following format requirements:
- Your submission must be in PDF format. Whatever text processor or formatter you use to write your paper (LaTeX, Microsoft Word, FrameMaker, etc.), please convert the output to PDF before submission.
- Your submission must be correctly formatted to fit on U.S. "Letter" size paper, which is 8.5 inches wide by 11 inches tall. Please be sure you have a margin of 1 inch on all edges (top, bottom, left, and right) of each page.
- Paper submissions for regular papers must be limited to 12 pages including text, figures, references, and appendices; single- or double-column are fine for submissions.
- The font size used in the text of your submission must not be smaller than 10 points.
- As described in the Call
for Papers, all papers will be judged through double-blind
reviewing, where the identities of the authors are withheld
from the reviewers.
Please note that non-anonymous papers will be automatically rejected
To avoid this, please be sure your name does not appear on the paper or in the submitted PDF file. This means that before submission, you must remove from the paper the authors' names, authors' affiliations, acknowledgements of funding sources, etc. Also, be careful how you refer to your own prior work in the paper. For example, do not describe your prior work with phrases like:
In prior work , we presented a routing protocol that ...
Instead, refer to your work in the third person, such as
In prior work, Smith  presented a routing protocol that ...
With this method, the full citation to Smith can still be given, such as
 Smith, J., "Analysis of ....
In particular it is not acceptable to say
 Reference deleted for double-blind review.
- We must be able to print your paper once it is submitted. Due to the large variety of systems available for formatting papers and producing PDF, this is not always possible for some systems. To maximize the chances that your paper will print correctly, please use only standard printer fonts (e.g., Times Roman, Helvetica, etc.) or standard TeX Computer Modern fonts; other fonts may be used but must be included in the PDF file. The use of standard printer fonts is strongly preferred over TeX fonts, if possible.
- The paper must be able to print clearly on standard black-and-white printers. Reviewers are not required to view your paper in color, and the final version of all accepted papers will be published in only black-and-white in the conference Proceedings.
Actually Submitting your Paper
All papers for MobiHoc 2006 must be submitted electronically through the EDAS Conference Management System.
Logging in to EDAS
- Using EDAS requires logging in first. If you already have an account, enter your email address (or your numeric EDAS ID#) and password in the fields on the form on the EDAS home page.
- If you do not know whether you have an account on this EDAS system, try entering your email address or name. EDAS will check for your account and let you know whether it knows about you.
- If you have an account but have forgotten your password, leave the password field blank, and EDAS will mail your password to you.
- If you do not yet have an account on the EDAS system, click on the link there to "create your new user account." Fill in the resulting form and the click on the New User button there. Mandatory fields are listed in red; optional fields are listed in black. The password for accessing the EDAS system will be sent to you via email. Once you receive your password, you should return to EDAS and log in.
Registering your Paper
- After logging in to EDAS, you will see your overall EDAS system homepage. Find "ACM MobiHoc 2006" among the list of conferences accepting submissions. To begin the process of submitting your paper, click on "Submissions and management" for ACM MobiHoc 2006. This will bring you to the MobiHoc 2006 EDAS homepage.
- You should then see the web form for registering your
paper submission. Fill in the form:
- Enter the authors of the paper. Enter each author using either their EDAS identifier or their last name. Each author must be registered in EDAS; if an author is not yet registered in EDAS, you will be prompted for the information to register them. You must also select one of the authors to be the correspondence author.
- Enter the title and abstract of the paper.
- Select the topics from the list of paper topics that best classify your paper.
- Once you have filled in all information for your paper, click on the Submit button at the bottom of that page. This will show you a page that acknowledges your paper's registration.
Submitting and Uploading your Paper
- After registering your paper submission, you must upload your actual paper.
- To upload your paper right after registering your submission, simply follow EDAS instructions on the acknowledgement page.
- Alternatively, you can upload your paper later from your MobiHoc 2006 EDAS homepage. From there, you can upload your paper by clicking on the icon in the line that shows your paper's listing, or via ftp, or email as per instructions on that page.
- After you return to your MobiHoc 2006 EDAS homepage, you will see your uploaded paper. If you click on the paper number, you will see the paper details. If you click on the paper under "Manuscript", you will see the PDF version that you uploaded.
- From your MobiHoc 2006 EDAS homepage, you can see the status of your paper. Initially, when you are registered but yet to upload your paper, EDAS will show the status as to show that no version of your paper PDF file has been uploaded yet. After your paper has been uploaded, the status will change to to indicate that the paper is under review.
Revising your Paper or Account
- After you have submitted your paper, you can revise your submission at any time before the submission deadline of 5 PM EST, December 9, 2005.
- To revise your submission, go to your MobiHoc 2006 EDAS homepage. Just upload a new PDF version the same way you did already for the previous version.
- To revise your paper, please use the procedure here to upload the new revised version of your existing registered paper. Please do not register and submit the new version as if it were a separate new paper, since this will duplicate the paper registration records.
- You can also revise your own EDAS account information from your MobiHoc 2006 EDAS homepage. To do so, click on the link at the top to edit your profile.
For general information on the MobiHoc 2006 paper submission or the scope of technical papers solicited, please refer to the Call for Papers. For any other questions about the submission process or paper format, please contact the Program Co-Chairs at email@example.com. If you have any technical problems with EDAS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for submitting your paper to MobiHoc 2006!