Call for Papers
Student Travel Grants
The conference will provide travel support to selected graduate students, including a limited number of students from international institutions, to attend this conference. The amount of support provided to each student will be up to a maximum of $700. Each award will help cover the costs related to student's travel, lodging, meals, and conference registration fee. The travel support is made possible by grants from the US National Science Foundation and industrial sponsors.
Applications for the travel award should be received electronically in PDF format by Dr. Edward Knightly (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 11, 2007. Please make sure that you receive an email confirmation of your submission. An application will consist of the student's c.v., a letter from the student, and a letter from the student's advisor. The letter from the student should include:
1. A brief summary of research interests and accomplishments to date
2. A description of areas reflected in the MobiSys 2007 program that would impact the student's research
3. Importance of attending the conference to the student's research activities
In addition, the student's advisor should send a letter of recommendation to the committee. It should include:
1. Confirmation that the student is a Ph.D. candidate in good standing
2. The suitability of MobiSys 2007 program to the students research area
3. Ways in which attending the conference would benefit the particular student
4. The strengths and potential contributions of the student
Applications will be reviewed by committee, and the awards will be announced prior to the conference. Alternates will be notified in the event that a recipient declines.
The deadline for early registration for students applying for travel grants will be extended to May 18, 2007.