Call for Papers
MobiSys 2012 will continue the tradition of publishing top-notch research papers dealing with all aspects of mobile systems. MobiSys seeks original papers that take a broad systems perspective rather than focus narrowly on low-level components. The conference values results and insights obtained from working implementations more highly than those obtained solely from simulations. If you have any questions regarding relevance or other submission-related issues, please contact the program chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Experience with mobile applications, networks and systems
- Innovative mobile and mobile sensing applications
- Tools for building and measuring mobile systems
- Software architectures for mobile devices
- Infrastructure support for node mobility
- System-level energy management for mobile devices
- Data management for mobile applications
- Operating systems for mobile devices
- Support for mobile social networking and mobile Web
- Security and privacy in mobile systems
- Wearable computing and innovative mobile devices
- Systems for location and context sensing and awareness
- Mobile computing support for pervasive computing
- Vehicular wireless systems
- User interfaces and usability for mobile applications and systems
- Personal-area networks and systems
- Cyber foraging and resource discovery for mobile systems
Papers on work that is currently under review, whether in shorter, longer, or the same form, must not be submitted to MobiSys. Submission of a longer version of a published, not just accepted, workshop paper is encouraged if it includes significant new contributions. However, the authors must cite their workshop paper. Papers accompanied by nondisclosure agreement forms are not acceptable and will be returned to the author(s) unread. As is customary with the scientific peer review process, submissions will be handled as confidential material during the review process.
Selected outstanding papers may be fast-tracked as a special section of IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing.
Best Paper Award
All papers will be considered for the Best Paper Award. The program committee will select a number of candidates for the award among accepted papers. The winner will be selected at the conference, considering both the paper and the presentation. The winner will receive a plaque and a cash award.
Detailed formatting guidelines and access to the submission server can be found in the Submission page.
- Abstract registration: Friday, December 9, 2011 (9:00 PM
- Submission deadline: Friday, December 16, 2011 (9:00 PM PST)
- Notification of acceptance: March 5th, 2012
- Camera-ready version due: TBD
It is ACM policy (http://www.acm.org/pubs/rights.html) not to allow double submissions, where the same paper is submitted to more than one conference/journal concurrently. Any double submissions detected will be immediately rejected from all conferences/journals involved.