The submission process includes:
- register your paper, with abstract, by 9:00 PM PST, December 9th, 2011. Registration is mandatory.
- submit your paper (PDF only) by 9:00 PM PST, December 16th, 2011. (HARD deadline)
Please register and submit your paper using the HotCRP submission system.
All submissions must follow strictly the format and size constraints indicated below. Your goal as an author is to produce a clearly readable submission within these constraints. Please refrain from exceeding these limits, because longer submissions and/or papers with modified margins or fonts may not be reviewed.
Before the submission, you are expected to make sure that your paper complies with the format requirements (number of pages, font size and spacing, margins). After the submission, we will use an offline tool to help us identify non-conforming papers, and will manually re-check and possibly reject those with evident format violations. No paper will be rejected due to format violations without being hand checked first.
- Your submission must be in PDF. We will not accept the papers in any other format. Therefore, irrespective of whatever text processor or formatter you use to write your paper (LaTeX, Microsoft Word, FrameMaker, etc.), please convert the output to PDF before submission. Under Windows, for example, PDF files can be produced using the Adobe Acrobat product.
- Your submission must use a 10pt font (or larger) and be correctly formatted for printing on Letter-sized (8.5" by 11") paper. Paper text blocks must follow ACM guidelines: double-column, with each column 9.25" by 3.33", 0.33" space between columns and single-spaced. If correctly formatted, this means that no page column will have more than 55 lines of text. In the past it has been observed that some authors mistakenly use a 9pt font, which is commonly used in the camera-ready versions of accepted papers. Please verify the font size as well as other guidelines described here, as papers using a font size less than 10pt will be automatically rejected without review.
- Submissions MUST be no more than fourteen (14) pages. This length includes everything: figures, tables, references, appendices and so forth.
- Provide an abstract of fewer than 250 words.
- The first page of each paper should include the names and affiliations of the authors, i.e., the submissions should not be anonymous.
- To maximize the chances that your paper will print correctly, please use only standard printer fonts (e.g., Times Roman, Helvetica, etc.) or standard TeX Computer Modern fonts; other fonts may be used but must be included in the PDF file.
- The paper must print clearly on standard black-and-white printers. Reviewers are not required to view your paper in color.
- Make sure that symbols and labels used in the graphs are readable as printed, and not only with a 20x on-screen magnification.
- Try to limit the file size to less than 15 MB.
Submissions can also use this LaTex template that is known to comply with the formatting requirements.
Submissions will be judged on originality, significance, interest, clarity, relevance, and technical correctness. Papers may be conditionally accepted and shepherded by a member of the program committee, with final acceptance determined by consent of the shepherd.