Student Travel Grant
MobiSys 2014 is pleased to provide travel student support to broaden the participation in our main conference and co-located events (Workshops, Ph.D. Forum, Poster, Demo sessions, etc.). This support is made possible by the generous support from the US National Science Foundation (NSF) (Pending confirmation) and ACM SIGMOBILE. While NSF support is available only for full time graduate students attending US colleges and universities (not necessarily US citizens or permanent residents), SIGMOBILE support is available for International/US graduate/undergrad students as well as postdocs. Although PhD Forum participants and student authors will be given priority for travel awards, we will also seriously consider applications from presenters of posters, demos, or papers at other MobiSys 2014 workshops. Underrepresented minorities and women students from diverse institutions are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications for the travel award should be filled out using the following URL http://tinyurl.com/mobisys2014. In addition, participants should have their advisor send a supporting letter to the Travel Award Chair, M. Ehsan Hoque at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 25, 2014. The letter should include:
- Confirmation that the student is a Ph.D. candidate in good standing.
- The suitability of MobiSys 2014 program to the student's research area.
- Ways in which attending the conference would benefit the particular student.
- The strengths and potential contributions of the student.
- The financial needs of the student in traveling to MobiSys 2014.
- Indicate how the remainder of your travel cost, not covered by the award, will be covered.
The MobiSys Travel Awards Committee will review applications, and the awards will be announced by May 2, 2014. The reimbursement amount will be around $800 per student and they will be directly reimbursed to the students at the final day of the conference. For any questions, please contact the MobiSys 2014 Travel Award Chair, M. Ehsan Hoque at email@example.com.
April 25, 2014 - Complete Application Deadline
April 26, 2014 - Award Notification
June 16 - 19, 2014 - MobiSys 2014 Conference