Travel LogisticsACM MobiCom 2019 will be held in beautiful Los Cabos, Mexico from October 21 - October 25, 2019. Los Cabos is an amazing region full of must-see attractions and beaches to be discovered. For instance, you can go to El Arco de Cabo San Lucas and its Bay, discover the Chileno Beach, visit and dine at Flora Farm, and see San José del Cabo main square. You can also explore many other beautiful places such as the Parroquia of San José, Santa Maria Beach, Playa del Amor, Wild Canyon Adventures in Cabo San Lucas. We have more information about Los Cabos here.
We highly recommend you stay at the conference hotel, Paradisus Los Cabos (see: Venue), for its unusually high quality and convenience at a significantly discounted price.
The closest airport to the hotel is the SJD Los Cabos International Airport. SJD Airport is located 24.5 km (about 15 miles) from the resort, situated at the southern tip of the Baja California Peninsula. SJD has direct flights to many major cities in the United States and Canada.SJD Official Site
SJD Wikipedia Page
We highly recommend booking your transfers between the airport and the hotel in advance through Tropical Incentives (Note: you can no longer reserve activities and hotel transfers. To contact Tropical Incentives, use the Los Cabos info at the bottom of this page: https://www.tropicalincentives.com/request-proposal). We have negotiated good pricing for transfers with Tropical Incentives, they are known to us, and we have used them before.
Visa RequirementsWe believe the following are requirements for international travel to Mexico. Of course with any international travel you should confirm the requirements with your airline, relevant embassies, and/or other online resources:
- You must have a valid non-expired passport or travel document from your country.
- You do not require a visa to enter Mexico if you are a citizen of the countries listed here: Visa policy of Mexico: Visa_exemption
- You do not require a visa to enter Mexico if you have a valid current multiple entry visa or permanent residency of any of these countries: United States of America, Canada, Japan, United Kingdom or Schengen area (European Union). Note, an expired visa from these countries is not valid.
- People from Russia, Turkey, or Ukraine that do not fall into a category above and are traveling by air need only fill out an electronic authorization (link) form prior to arrival.
If you need to apply for a visa, please consult the Mexican Embassy’s website. List of Mexican Embassies Requirements are fairly standard, with regards to other visa application (e.g., valid passport, photo, interview appointment, application fee, filling out forms). Mexican embassy in India: link for the embassy in India Mexican embassy in China: link for the embassy in China. Be sure to check for visa requirements for transit countries, e.g., transit through the USA may require a USA visa.For visa support letters, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 10 business days to receive a letter. All requests are handled in the order they are received. The information below should be included with the request:
- Your name as it appears on your passport
- Your current postal mailing address
- The name of the conference you are registering for
- Your registration confirmation number
- If you have any papers accepted for the conference, please provide the title and indicate whether you are the "sole author" or a "co-author"
- Authors may indicate their paper title. If no paper, speakers can provide the title of their presentation