Student Travel Grant
Student Travel Grant awards announced. Make sure to check your spam folder too.
Travel Grant Application
Grants are available only for full-time students attending colleges and universities in and outside the US. Women, undergraduates and underrepresented minority students are particularly encouraged to apply.To apply for a travel grant, the student applicant should send the following material to email@example.com:
- A CV that includes country of origin and country of residence
- SIGMOBILE student member number, if the student has one. A SIGMOBILE student membership costs $20 for one year and can be applied for here.
- An application letter that includes:
- The titles of any accepted MobiCom work (conference or workshop papers, posters, demonstrations, etc.)
- Whether the student is a first-time attendee of MobiCom
- If the student is not a first-time attendee of MobiCom, whether the student has received a MobiCom travel grant in the past
- A brief summary of the student’s research interests and accomplishments to date
- A description of areas reflected in the MobiCom program that would impact the student's research
- A statement about why attending the conference is important to the student
- An estimate of the following costs of attending MobiCom 2019: airfare, hotel, and conference registration. It is anticipated that travel grants will partially cover these attendance costs.
- A confirmation that the student is a bona fide Ph.D. candidate or a M.Sc./B.Sc. student in good academic standing at the given institution.
- The impact of the MobiCom program material on the student’s research progress.
- Other benefits the student would derive from attending the conference.
- A description of the student applicant's strengths and potential contributions to the mobile computing and networking field.
- A statement of financial commitment to pay the remainder of the student applicant’s travel cost not covered by the grant.
Selection will be based on student merit qualifications (e.g., paper authorship) and financial need (e.g., travel distance/cost from home campus, availability of grant funds, etc). Priority will be given to women, undergraduates, underrepresented minorities, and first-time attendees.
|Travel Grant Application Submission Deadline||July 8, 2019 (23:59 EST)|
|Travel Grant Award Notification||July 12, 2019|
|Deadline to Accept/Decline Travel Grant Award||July 18, 2019|
- The full application package (by the student and the advisor) should be received on or before July 8, 2019 (23:59 EST).
- By accepting the travel grants students are committing to submit as summary of the experiences and outcomes of attending the conference.
- Student travel grants are meant to partially cover the cost of attending and participating in MobiCom 2019. The only travel expenses that can be reimbursed are accommodation, advance conference registration, and airfare.
- For NSF Grants: These grants are available only for full-time students attending US colleges and universities (not necessarily US citizens or permanent residents) AND for US citizens or permanent residents studying abroad.
- Recipients of NSF travel awards must use US flag carriers.