Call for Workshop Proposals
Xia Zhou (Dartmouth College, USA)
Andrea Passarella (IIT-CNR, Italy)
Rajesh Balan (SMU, Singapore)
MobiSys is a premier venue for researchers working in the area of mobile and wireless systems, middleware, services, and applications. The previous twelve MobiSys conferences were very successful, with strong refereed paper presentations, demonstrations, poster sessions, and workshops. Workshop papers will be included with the MobiSys proceedings and posted in the ACM Digital Library.
We solicit workshop proposals on new and emerging topics in the general area of mobile and wireless systems, services, and applications.
Workshops are scheduled for May 18th, 2015. The ideal workshop proposal will focus on a timely and emerging topic, and be able to attract a number of interesting and high-quality contributions that spark discussions in an informal setting. The goal is to stimulate interactive conversations and inspire new research ideas.
The proposal should be no longer than three pages and should clearly identify:
- The name of the workshop.
- The names, addresses, and a short bio (up to 200 words) of the organizers (up to three).
- A brief description of the technical issues that the workshop will address, and the reasons why the workshop is of interest at this time.
- The names of potential program committee members.
- The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to facilitate lively discussions and attendees involvement.
- The expected number of submissions and participants.
- If previous editions have been held, a description of past versions of the workshop, including: number of submitted and accepted papers, and number of attendees.
- A description of the publicity plan.
- A call for papers with workshop deadlines (aligned with the relevant Important Dates below).
Please send your proposal via e-mail to the workshop co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org, including "MobiSys 2015 Workshops" in the subject line.Submissions must be received by the deadline below.
- Proposal submission deadline: November 7th, 2014 (11pm EST)
- Notification of acceptance: November 25th, 2014
- Camera-ready workshop papers due: April 2nd, 2015
- Workshops at MobiSys 2015: May 18th, 2015