Call for Workshop Proposals
Ben Greenstein (Google)
Tam Vu (University of Colorado, Denver)
MobiSys is a premier venue for researchers working in the area of mobile and wireless systems, middleware, services, and applications. The previous fourteen MobiSys conferences were very successful, with strong refereed paper presentations, demonstrations, poster sessions, and workshops. Workshop papers will be included with the MobiSys proceedings and posted in the ACM Digital Library.
We solicit workshop proposals on new and emerging topics in the general area of mobile and wireless systems, services, and applications.
Workshops are scheduled for June 19th and June 23rd, 2017. The ideal workshop proposal will focus on a timely and emerging topic, and be able to attract a number of interesting and high- quality contributions that spark discussions in an informal setting. The goal is to stimulate interactive conversations and inspire new research ideas.
The proposal should be no longer than three pages and should clearly identify:
- The name of the workshop.
- The names, address, and a short bio (up to 200 words) of each organizers (up to three).
- A brief description of the technical issues that the workshop will address, and the reasons why the workshop is of interest at this time.
- The list of names and affiliations of potential program committee members.
- The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to facilitate lively discussions and attendee involvement.
- The expected number of submissions and participants.
- If previous editions have been held, a description of past versions of the workshop, including: number of submitted and accepted papers, and number of attendees.
- A description of the publicity plan.
- A call for papers with workshop deadlines (aligned with the relevant Important Dates below).
All organizers (program chairs) must be planning to attend their workshop if their proposal is accepted. Proposals should not include a general chair or a local chair. Workshop presenters and participants are highly encouraged to submit a MobiSys 2017 poster or demo and participate in the poster/demo session.
Please send your proposal via e-mail to the workshop co-chairs at firstname.lastname@example.org, including "MobiSys 2017 Workshops" in the subject line.
Submissions must be received by the deadline below.
- Proposal submission deadline (extended): December 30th, 2016, 11:59pm PST (UTC-8:00)
- Notification of acceptance: January 7th, 2016
- Camera-ready workshop papers due: May 9th, 2017
- Workshop Dates: June 19th and June 23rd, 2017