ACM SIGMOBILE Test-of-Time Paper Award 2022
The SIGMOBILE Test-of-Time Paper Award recognizes papers that have had a sustained and significant impact in the SIGMOBILE community over at least a decade. For more information on the award, please see SIGMOBILE Test-of-Time Paper Award.
We invite anyone to submit a nomination by the deadline of
Feb 28, 2022 March 31, 2022 (12 AM Eastern). It is possible that more than one paper is selected for the award. The criteria for submission of nominations are as follows:
All papers published at least 10 years ago (2012 or earlier) in a SIGMOBILE venue, including UbiComp, SenSys, MobiCom, MobiHoc, MobiSys, etc., are eligible for this award. Papers published at least 10 years ago in other, non-SIGMOBILE venues are also eligible if they have had an exceptional influence on the SIGMOBILE community.
- To nominate a paper, one needs to only submit a nomination letter (no longer than two pages) justifying why the submission should be considered for the test-of-time paper award.
- Anyone can nominate a paper except the author(s) of the nominated paper.
- An individual can nominate no more than 2 papers for the 2022 award.
- If you had nominated the same paper in a previous year, please indicate this and highlight the new material, if any, in support of the nomination.
- If a paper has been unsuccessfully nominated for two consecutive years, a "1-year silence period" will apply, i.e., the paper shall not be considered for nomination in the subsequent year.
- The committee may, at its discretion, ask a nominator to submit additional letters of support.
- Papers authored by members of the award committee are NOT eligible for consideration in 2022. However, to protect the interests of the committee members and their co-authors, any nominations received for such papers would be automatically deferred to the next year, without prejudice arising on account of the delay.
- It is possible that more than one paper is selected for the award. Presentation of the award(s) will be made at SIGMOBILE sponsored conference venues during 2022. Each individual awardee can choose the conference venue at which to receive their award.
- Submit nominations at
- The submission process is similar to submitting a paper to a HotCRP-based site, but there are a few important details to keep in mind. Please enter the title of the nominated paper, and also provide a PDF of the nominated paper, the venue where it was published, and a few topic keywords that apply to the paper (e.g., operating systems, ad hoc communications, applications, HCI, etc.) at the places noted in the submission form. Please enter your (i.e., nominator’s) name and contact details, NOT the details of the authors of the nominated paper, and be sure to upload your nomination letter (PDF only, no more than two pages).
- Romit Roy Choudhury (University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, Chair)
- Andrew Campbell (Dartmouth)
- Gil Zussman (Columbia)
- Joerg Widmer (IMDEA)
- Bozidar Radunovic (Microsoft Research)
- Yasamin Mostofi (UCSB)
Please direct questions to the award committee chair, Romit Roy Choudhury.