ACM SIGMOBILE is the primary international organization dedicated to addressing the latest developments in the area of mobility of systems, users, data, and computing. The group's technical scope reflects the symbiosis of portable computers and wireless networks, together with the convergence of mobility, computing, and information organization, its access, services, management, and applications.
Who are SIGMOBILE's Members?
ACM SIGMOBILE has members from around the world, from academic organizations, industry research and development, government, and other interested individuals. Members of SIGMOBILE are active in the development of new technologies and techniques for mobile and wireless computing and communications.
What are the Benefits of Joining SIGMOBILE?
SIGMOBILE is a vibrant, growing Special Interest Group within the ACM, addressing all areas of mobile computing and wireless and mobile networking. SIGMOBILE provides substantial benefits to its members and to the community.
Member Benefits Provided to SIGMOBILE Members:
- A quarterly newsletter, now called "GetMobile", serving to keep SIGMOBILE members informed, and also publishing high-quality peer-reviewed research papers on mobile computing as well as wireless and mobile networking to be available both in print and in electronic form.
- A periodic e-mail SIGMOBILE newsletter, including SIGMOBILE announcements, pointers to relevant mainstream news articles of interest to SIGMOBILE members, a calendar of upcoming events of interest to our members, and pointers to developer news for active developers in the area of mobile computing and wireless networking.
- Announcements via the moderated, members-only email distribution list, keeping you informed of the latest happenings in our field, such as conference Calls for Papers.
- Qualification for the lowest registration rates at conferences and workshops sponsored by SIGMOBILE, and for the many events that are "in cooperation" with SIGMOBILE. SIGMOBILE regularly sponsors multiple conferences and workshops each year (most recently MobiCom, MobiHoc, MobiSys, SenSys, Ubicomp, HotMobile, PerDis, WUWNet, and SEC).
- Opportunities to share ideas, learn of new results and practices, network with colleagues, and be active in a vibrant community of colleagues in all areas of mobility of systems, users, data, and computing.
- Through the Member Value Plus program, automatically receive access to full conference proceedings of SIGMOBILE's five conferences.
- Priority consideration for SIGMOBILE student travel grants (for student members)
SIGMOBILE Community Benefits:
- Organization and sponsorship of several annual conferences (including MobiCom, MobiHoc, MobiSys, SenSys, and Ubicomp).
- Promotion of emerging new areas through sponsorship of numerous workshops each year.
- A YouTube channel that features technical talks from major SIGMOBILE conferences.
- An ACM Mobility Tech Pack edited by the SIGMOBILE, providing an annotated reading list of the definitive mobile research papers to date; thus enabling somebody new to the field to rapidly come up to speed.
- The SIGMOBILE Outstanding Contribution Award, given to recognize an individual who has made a significant and lasting contribution to the research on mobile computing and communications and wireless networking.
- The SIGMOBILE Distinguished Service Award, given to recognize an individual who has made exceptional contributions to ACM SIGMOBILE, its conferences, publications, or its local activities.
- The SIGMOBILE Test of Time Award, given to published papers that have had a sustained and significant impact in the SIGMOBILE community over at least a decade.
- The SIGMOBILE Doctoral Dissertation Award, given to recognize excellent thesis research by doctoral candidates in the field of mobile computing and wireless networks.
- The SIGMOBILE Research Highlights recognition made to papers published in the current year in a SIGMOBILE venue that are likely of great interest to the broad computing community.
- Best paper awards are given most of our sponsored conferences and presented each year.
- Support for students at SIGMOBILE conferences and workshops, through reduced registration fees, student travel awards for some conferences (with NSF support), and student poster sessions.
- The SIGMOBILE web site including a wealth of information for the community.
- SIGMOBILE also provides financial support for mobile networking community and diversity programs such as CRAWDAD (Community Resource for Archiving Wireless Data At Dartmouth) and N2 Women (Networking Networking Women).
- Papers in PDF format from the SIGMOBILE-sponsored conferences, workshops, and quarterly newsletter on the ACM Digital Library, as well as ePub versions of all the papers in SIGMOBILE-sponsored conferences held from 2015 onwards.
Join ACM SIGMOBILE Today: Online Application
Membership in SIGMOBILE is very affordable. You can join ACM and SIGMOBILE together, or just join SIGMOBILE without joining ACM. Current SIGMOBILE membership fees are only $25/year for those who are already ACM members and $30/year for non-ACM members. Student membership in SIGMOBILE is only $5/year.