Newsletter of January 2018
Upcoming SIG Events
- ACM HotMobile 2018 will be held in Tempe, Arizona, on February 12 and 13. Check out the program here.
- ACM MobiSys 2018 will be held in Munich Germany together with an Internet-of-Things day. 139 submissions were received and are currently under review.
- ACM MobiCom 2018 will be held in New Delhi, India. The deadline of paper submission is March 13, 2018.
- ACM UbiComp 2018 will be held in Singapore in September 2018 and SenSys 2018 in November in Shenzhen, China.
ACM HotMobile 2018 is right around the corner. In addition to 19 technical papers, this year’s program features three fantastic keynotes:
- Future of Mental Health Sensing on College Campuses. Andrew T. Campbell (Dartmouth College)
- Meeting Future Needs in Mobile Computing. Mike Polley (Samsung)
- Delivering the Mobile Web to the Next Billion Users. Ben Greenstein (Google)
Consider joining us at Tempe!
2017 ACM Fellows have been announced. Congratulations to our very own Edward Knightly, Li Erran Li, and Mani B. Srivistava!
Following the success of the 2017 NSF Extreme Wireless Visioning Workshop held with MobiCom 2017 on Oct. 15, 2017, the final report has been made available here.
Multiple SIGMOBILE awards are now calling for nominations. Consider submitting your nominations!
- SIGMOBILE Test-of-Time Paper Award: It recognizes papers (published at least 10 years ago) that have had a sustained and significant impact in the SIGMOBILE community over at least a decade. The committee this year is chaired by Ashutosh Sabharwal. The deadline for submitting nominations is February 7, 2018. Check this link for nomination process and submission information.
- SIGMOBILE Outstanding Contribution Award: SIGMOBILE’s highest honor given for significant and lasting contributions to research on mobile computing and communications and wireless networking. The 2017 award winner was Norm Abramson. The deadline for nomination is February 15, 2018. Check this link for nomination instructions and eligibility requirements.
- SIGMOBILE RockStar Award: SIGMOBILE’s early career award to recognize recent outstanding research or product contributions to the field of mobile computing. The 2017 award winner was Shyam Gollakota. The deadline for nomination is February 15, 2018. Check this link for nomination instructions and eligibility requirements.
- SIGMOBILE Doctoral Dissertation: The award will recognize thesis research by doctoral candidates in the field of mobile computing and wireless networks. The award winner and up to two runners-up will be recognized at one of the ACM SIGMOBILE conferences that the winner chooses. This year the committee is chaired by David Culler and Lili Qiu. The submission deadline is February 16, 2018. Please check out details on the eligibility here.
- Pointers: Our social media (managed by Dr. Tadashi Okoshi) can be accessed here: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter. We are redesigning our website (managed by Kasthuri Jayarajah) and you can preview our work-in-progress here. If you have experience with web design in Craft and are interested in helping out, please email me.