Call for Posters and Demos
ACM MobiSys 2021 calls for posters and demos on topics as described on the CFP . Selection of demonstration and posters will be based on a short abstract, evaluated in terms of technical merit, innovation, and the potential to stimulate interesting discussions and exchange of ideas at the conference. The accepted extended abstracts will be posted on the official conference website and will be included in the conference proceeding and the ACM Digital Library. At least one author of an accepted poster or demo must register for the conference and present the poster in the virtual conference.
Posters should describe novel work not published before. The poster track is meant to introduce new or ongoing work and provide opportunities for authors to interact directly with conference attendees. Posters are especially suited for presenting controversial research directions that may generate discussion, or promising ideas not yet validated through extensive evaluation. Researchers seeking feedback on their early ideas are welcome to submit posters. Posters describing open-source software/hardware components as well as open data are encouraged. The authors of the accepted posters will be invited to submit an optional short video together with the camera-ready version.
Demos abstracts should describe both the technology being showcased as well as the user experience of the demo. Briefly explain how this work will be demonstrated in the virtual conference. If a demo requires additional special arrangements, please describe them clearly in your submission using a separate third page (not part of the technical content of the abstract). The authors of the accepted demos will be invited to submit an optional short video together with the camera-ready version of the abstract.
We introduce a “Potential for community contribution” certificate to posters and demos that contributes (and has the potential to further improve on) to the research community at large through codebase, datasets, experimental platforms to name a few.
- Poster submissions must include an extended abstract no longer than two 8.5x11-inch pages, including all figures and references.
- This extended abstract should use the same LaTeX template as full ACM MobiSys 2021 papers; it should be formatted in two columns, single-spaced, and with a font no smaller than 10-point.
- The title should begin with “Poster:” for posters and “Demos:” for demos.
- Please do not anonymize your submissions.
- Submissions must be in Adobe PDF format, and authors remain responsible for checking that their resulting PDF meets the ACM MobiSys 2021 formatting guidelines.
- Submission link for extended abstracts: https://mobisys21poster.hotcrp.com
- Submissions for posters should only include the extended abstract, not the poster itself.
|Submission Deadline||May 12, 2021, 23:59pm EST|
|Notification of Acceptance||May 15, 2021 EST|
|Camera-Ready Deadline||May 21, 2021, 23:59pm EST|
Please contact the poster co-chairs with any questions.
- Ozgu Alay, University of Oslo – ozgua(at)ifi(dot)uio(dot)no
- Bhuvana Krishnaswamy, University of Wisconsin-Madison – bhuvana(at)ece(dot)wisc(dot)edu